It’s often been said—mostly by appliance manufacturers—that the kitchen is the heart of the home. Think about it, when you throw a party, where do all the guests gather? The kitchen.
Whether you’re a gourmet chef or a pop-it-in-the-microwave kind of cook, we can all agree that a kitchen that is too small, poorly designed, has little storage space, and poor lighting is no fun to spend any time in.
So where do you start your kitchen remodeling journey? With a wish list, of course. More counter space to prepare meals? More storage space for pots, pans, and dishes? A walk-in pantry? An out-of-the-way nook for Fido’s or Fluffy’s food and water dishes? After all, they’re family, too.
Since a kitchen remodel can be extensive, start tearing pictures out of magazines, saving paint chips—anything that’s related to your vision for your new kitchen. Pinterest is a great way to find and save ideas.
Here are some other things to consider before you begin picking out cabinets and fixtures:
• How many people are in the kitchen during meal preparation?
• What’s your cooking style: Serious chef or fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants?
• And what about cleanup? Can you give marble countertops the care and attention they need, or are paper plates and red Solo cups your style?
• What else is the kitchen used for? Is it party central, office, and classroom rolled up into one, or is it used only to make sandwiches and microwave dinners?
• Are their other amenities you’d like included? A desk for a computer? A place to charge your tablet? Recycling bins?
• And what about storage for those once-a-year holiday dishes and turkey roaster?
Now that you have a clear idea of what you want and need in your redesigned space turn to Top Choice Builders. Whether you’re looking for fabulous or functional, your artistic vision coupled with our space planning knowledge result in a kitchen that beautifully meets your needs—whatever they may be—including special accommodations such as varying countertop height, replacing lower cabinets with drawers, or even designing a layout for lefties.
So whether you’re simply looking to update your existing kitchen, undertake a significant remodel and redesign, or go all-out and create an open floor plan, Top Choice is your best choice. From custom cabinetry and countertops to tile and flooring, doors and windows, and lighting and appliances, Top Choice is here to make your dreams come true, no matter how large or small.
As for the statistic that a kitchen remodel returns only 66 percent, on average, don’t let that stand in your way. First of all, unless you’re planning on immediately selling your home, you want to enjoy your kitchen they way you want it. And secondly, the kitchen is the first room many homebuyers look at. A shabby, outdated, or poorly laid-out kitchen doesn’t reflect well on the rest of your home. But don’t worry: Top Choice can help with other rooms, too!